Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fancy a Fascinator?


Laura Gordon Photography

This is my third post for my little baby bridal blog. I'm just taking my first steps. I want the blog to be about trends in the wedding industry as a whole. Not a blog with sections about DIY, or Real Weddings, but a blog devoted to spotting trends and highlighting them. As a designer, this will help me stay up to date and I hope my readers, whether they be brides or wedding industry professionals will enjoys seeing the latest trends as well. I find that a lot of blogs about weddings are often trying to cover too much, which I think makes them less user friendly and a bit over whelming. That's why I've tried to narrow down my niche to simply "trends." Fashions that are in vogue. Whether it be bridal fashion, ceremony ideas, or reception design elements, as long as it is a trend, something new and something for fashion foward thinkers, I will cover it in my blog. My hope is that my blog will keep your designing juices flowing, keep your ideas fresh, and not to jump around from subject to subject.  Let me be your muse. With all that being said, let the games begin:

2014 has been the year of the headpieces when it comes to bridal fashion. We're quickly seeing traditional veils fall to the wayside making room for gorgeous flower crowns, jeweled combs, headbands, headchains, and absolutely fabulous fascinators. The flower crown in particular has been dominating the pinterest boards of soon to be brides. "And now, what [flower crowns] was once confined to the heads of 1980′s Bride, in all her frilly and pouffy glory, is gracing the heads of many of the most chic and stylish brides, featuring in many of the top wedding blogs and appearing in the glossiest of wedding magazine" -Chic Vintage Bride

bridesofadelaide.com.au, LaurieL Photography, & Burnetsboards.com

There are so many varieties of flower crowns out there, but in my personal opinion, when it comes to crowns of any kind, go big or go home.

UnTamedPetals & Michelle March Photography

Bridal Comb are a sweet alternative to the traditional veil or they can be a lovely addition to a beautiful veil.

Be Something New, Rose Red Rose White, & Un Beau Jour

Headbands, headchains, and fabulous fascinators are also gracing the pages of all the latest bridal magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment